DESIGNED FOR SPEED. BUILT FOR COMFORT.
The Orangatang Dad Bod is the most high-performance 100mm+ urethane skateboard wheel in existence. Four years of development, our new TrypoCore, and our tried-and-true Happy Thane formula combine to create the ultimate big-wheel experience at a shockingly light weight. Designed for next-level commuting, long-distance pushing, long-distance pumping, and e-skate, these wheels are meant to roll. The large 105mm diameter provides exceptional roll speed, tons of momentum, smooth rolling, and absurd distance per push—it's kinda like cheating. Just add risers!
Available now (or contact your local shop)!
LONGBOARD WHEEL SPECS
Diameter: Wheel height. Smaller wheels accelerate quicker. Taller wheels roll more easily over rough, uneven surfaces and have a higher top speed.105mm
Width: Width measured at the widest part of the wheel.62mm
- Contact Patch:
Contact Patch: Width of the portion of the wheel in contact with the ground. Wider contact patches offer greater traction. Narrower contact patches slide more easily.57mm
Style: Sharp lips offer maximum traction and are ideal for carving, pumping, downhill, and slalom riding. Rounded lips slide more smoothly and are ideal for freeride and freestyle. Rounded lips also help wheels pass more smoothly across pavement cracks when commuting. Stone-ground wheels slide more easily even when brand new. Wheels with surface skin retain maximum traction.Rounded lips with surface skin
- Bearing Seat:
Bearing seat: Position of the wheel core where bearings are installed. Centerset wheels can be “flipped” (mounted in either orientation) to promote more even wear over time and tend to narrow the board’s footprint. Offset wheels allow more freedom for the outer lip to deform and grip the road and tend to widen the board’s footprint.Offset
Formula: The urethane formula used to pour the wheel. Orangatang offers four proprietary wheel formulas: Happy Thane (smooth, fast, high traction, buttery slides), Peachy Thane (balanced traction, high durability), Euphorethane (long slides, exceptional durability), and Perky Thane (smooth and durable for park and pool skating).Happy Thane
- Core: high-strength, high-stiffness, heat-resistant urethane TrypoCore
- Weight (per wheel): 15 oz / 428 g
Durometer: Measure of wheel hardness. Softer wheels (77a-80a and lower) offer more traction and roll smoother and faster over rough surfaces. Harder wheels (83a-86a and higher) slide more easily, offer greater durability, and roll faster over smooth surfaces.80a
What's in the box? Purchase price includes set of 4 wheels.
The Dad Bod’s firm yet cush outer lip provides comfort and speed. Big wheels tend to be hard to control, so we developed our new Traction Trench technology on the inner lip for carefully tuned compliance, resulting in dependable control, grip, and comfort. The bearing seat is offset so the wheel can be flipped for narrower boards. The wide, smooth contact surface increases grip, and the rounded edges prevent catching on cracks.
Featuring the brand-new Orangatang TrypoCore
- Significantly reduces overall weight of the wheel
- Stiff glass-filled urethane construction increases grip and durability
- Wide core design with a deep valley-shaped cross section for efficient urethane damping and crisp handling
- Compatible with all eskate pulleys designed for Kegel and Caguama style cores
- Second set of mounting holes allows for larger-diameter pulley systems
- E-board manufacturers can design new pulleys around one or both sets of mounting holes on this core
Recommended Loaded Setups
The Dad Bod is compatible with most topmount boards (with enough risers). Here are a few of our personal favorites here at Loaded:
- Vanguard — Paris 180mm 50° trucks, ½″ riser, Knuckle bushings. Flowy and fast with ultra-deep carves.
- Mata Hari — Paris 180mm 50° trucks, ½″ riser, Nipple bushings with a cup washer roadside. Scaled-up big-boy skateboard.
- Ballona — Paris 150mm 50° trucks, ½″ riser, Nipple bushings with a cup washer roadside, flipped wheels. The ultimate flatland cruiser that rolls forever and rolls over everything.
Electric Skateboard Compatibility