Estrus is over; it’s time for our 75mm race wheel to enter Menopause.
After refining a performance-oriented core design in the development of the Cage, Kilmer, and Keanu centerset freeride wheels, we’re excited to explore that technology in our popular and proven race/hard-carving wheel, the In Heat. The new Menopause wheels feature the same Happy Urethane as the In Heats. The changes are as follows:
- Exposed (vs. encapsulated) core
- Slightly wider and shorter core: In Heat core is 1” W x 1.75” H, Menopause core is 1.5” W x 1.5” H
- Inner lip extended by 2mm (58mm contact patch compared to 56mm on the In Heat)
We've performed initial testing of the new Menopause. Now we’d like your input and feedback to help us make the best possible wheel. Here’s how it works:
- JOIN. Purchase one set of Menopause (80a) for $55 or one set each of the Menopause (80a) and a set of In Heats (80a) here for $70. By doing so, you will join our Menopause R&D newsletter. This newsletter will be used only for communications regarding the Menopause development project and special offers from a legit Nigerian Prince.
- SHRED. Ride the Menopause (preferably side by side with the In Heats) to learn how the design changes affect performance. You will have approximately one month to complete your testing; we’ll send you testing tips and guidelines after you order your wheels.
- GIVE. As you test the wheels, take notes and fill out the feedback form (we’ll send this to you when you purchase your wheels). When you’ve finished testing, send it in.
- RECEIVE. After you complete the feedback form as requested, you’ll receive your hard-earned Loaded Labs R&D badge number for 50% off the purchase of any single item from the Loaded or Orangatang websites (item must be in stock to qualify).
- We will review all feedback, distill the most applicable insights into our development process, and share a synopsis of our collective findings. (View the feedback results of the Menopause project here.)
We now pass the mic to our resident mad scientist Professor Hildenberger to present you with the official low-down: